I very rarely blog about make-up simply because it is something that I see as a necessity that most women can’t really do without all the time, whereas fashion is an absolute choice.
Though if I see something relevant or even special, like the smokey eye tutorial, I’ll post about it, but that’s about it. Today though I got an email with a press release from Bobbi Brown, (J’aime their Skin Foudation SPF15 and they do seriously light colours perfect for my pale skin).
The company commissioned a survey of 1000 women in the UK and Ireland to establish our buying habits. The Irish results were broken down as follows:
• 64% of women in Ireland say foundation tide line is their biggest beauty nightmare
• 86% of women in Ireland – the highest from any region – are most likely to splash out on good quality foundation
(Of course, I have no probs going into BT’s for my cosmetics, in fact I love going in there!)
• 14% of women in Ireland have never found the right foundation
(I think that this figure is quite low, maybe it’s because we buy better quality and therefore get a beauty consultant to help us chose the right shade / type?)
• On average women in Ireland are spending £111 on finding the perfect foundation, which is the second highest amount from any other region
• On average women in Ireland throw away 5 cosmetic items due to minimal use
(Again, this is quite a low figure, I’ve defo thrown away more products than that, lipsticks mostly, I NEVER find the right one!!)
The email went on to say that “women are not wearing the right colour or formula for their skin type, resulting in bad foundation lines around the jaw and hairline”.
But if only 14% of the Irish women interviewed hadn’t found the right foundation, I reckon we’re doing alright! If you’re one of that 14% it might be worth a quick chat at the Bobbi Brown counter they don’t charge you either! Yay.